Do you exfoliate your lips? Probably not. Until recently, I didn’t either, but now, it has become a weekly ritual of mine.
Whenever I had dry lips, I grabbed whatever lip balm I had, and applied it for temporary relief. Well, that’s all that it is – temporary. Lip exfoliation is more of a long term fix for two main reasons: it removes dead skin cells (making lips softer) and retains moisture content (helps lip balm work effectively).
So I’m sure your next question would be, “Okay, which one and where should I get it?” Good question! You can make this lip scrub at home, in less than a minute, with ingredients that I guarantee are in your kitchen right now! To top it off, it’s ALL NATURAL!
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Sugar (Recommend brown, but white is fine as well) –
- Toothbrush (Obviously not in your kitchen)
Benefits of Sugar:
- Has glycolic acid which helps remove dead skin
- It does not clog pores.
- Sugar helps in eliminating blemishes.
- Sugar restores skin’s moisture balance.
Benefits of Olive Oil:
- Has Vitamin E which is a great moisturizer for lips
- Adds glow to the skin
- Coconut oil helps healing sun burn
Note: Lip exfoliation works best if you do it right after you get out of the shower
1. Grab a toothbrush, wet it with warm water, and move the bristles in circular motions on your lips as if you are brushing them. Do this for about a minute.
2. Mix 1/2 a teaspoon of the olive oil with 1 teaspoon of sugar into a bowl until it becomes a paste-like consistency.
3. Massage the mixture on your lips and leave it on for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Wipe the excess off your lips using a wet, warm towel.
5. Apply some hydrating lip balm to your soft lips!
Repeat the above steps once (no more than twice) a week and you will love the way your lips feel. And don’t forget to drink lots of water to stay hydrated!!!
Try it out and let me know how it works for you!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/kimiyajoon.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 388